Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm Still Too Young..!!

Young at heart..!!
ALEX FERGUSON has quashed speculation he might be considering calling time on his managerial career next summer by declaring that retirement is “for young people”.
Making it clear he intends to be at Old Trafford for the foreseeable future, the Manchester United manager said: “I’m in no mood for it; as long as my health is good I intend to carry on. If my health deteriorated it would be different but retirement is for young people – they can do something else. If I get off that treadmill where do you think I’d go? Only one way, down.”
When it was put to him that three years ago he mentioned 2011 as a potential date for stepping down, Ferguson replied: “I’ve changed my mind – again.”
Addressing a sports congress in Doha, where he has been lending support to Qatar’s bid to stage the 2022 World Cup, Ferguson had warm words for the Glazer family, United’s controversial owners. “We have a great relationship – they never bother me, they never phone,” he said, beaming. “They never interfere. What more can you ask for? I’m in a privileged position. I’ve heard of English owners texting managers during training sessions.”
Not that the United manager’s horizon is entirely irritant-free. Ferguson made it clear he regards Paul Stretford, Wayne Rooney’s agent, as a particular nuisance.
“Some young people today take bad advice,” he said, referring to Rooney’s desire to leave Old Trafford, before the U-turn which has furnished the striker with a handsome new contract. “He’s got an agent who is not the most popular man in the world, certainly not at our club. But there’s nothing wrong with making a mistake as long as you recognise it. He (Rooney) has apologised and signed a new contract. I think what we want is Wayne back to his best. When that happens I think everyone will be okay.”
Ferguson believes Rooney realised he had made a major mistake when he felt the backlash against his plans to leave Old Trafford, plans which were met by an angry response from many supporters.
Ferguson said: “It wasn’t done to get the contract, I don’t think that for a minute.” ..continued

- from irishtimes.com

Best pulak aku baca artikel ni...ekekeke!! Sebelum ni aku tertanya-tanya la jugak siapalah bakal pengganti gaffer kiter ni kan..then bila aku baca artikel ni tiba2 rasa hepi la pulak!! Entahla..maybe becoz aku dah biasa tengok Man Utd hanya dgn seorg manager..then kalau Sir Alex retired boleh ke tak pengganti dia tu buat mcm Sir Alex buat??? Hopefully Sir Alex jangan retired dulu..4-5 tahun lagi ke???!! Ekekke...tapi kesian pulak kat family dia!! Macam ni jela..Sir Alex, whenever u decide to retire..u just go on with it!! I think we all will understand your decision and whatever happen after that u will always be in the history of EPL becoz you are THE GREATEST MANAGER OF ALL TIME...betol tak??? GGMU..full report click here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails